At the CES 2022 event, ASUS unveiled the new Zenbook 17 Fold OLED, the world’s first 17.3-inch foldable OLED laptop. ASUS said that it has worked closely with Intel and BOE Technology Group to achieve this. Today, the firm has announced the laptop’s pricing and availability. Let’s have a closer look at this new foldable laptop, along with its pricing and availability.
The Zenbook 17 Fold OLED foldable laptop has two OLED displays in one: a large 4:3 17.3-inch 2.5K touchscreen that folds in the middle to create two seamless 3:2 12.5-inch 1920 by 1280 displays. When fully closed along the precision-engineered 180° hinge, which has been tested to withstand over 30,000 open-and-close cycles, it’s a 12.5-inch device that’s smaller than a sheet of photocopier paper.
The folding design, when combined with the full-size ASUS ErgoSense Bluetooth keyboard and touchpad, provides the versatility of multiple modes: PC, Laptop, Tablet, On-Screen Keyboard, Book, and Extend. With a desktop-grade 19.05 mm key pitch and a long 1.4 mm travel on the dished mechanical keys, the new ErgoSense keyboard and touchpad ensure comfortable, accurate typing.
Despite its versatility and large screen size, the laptop weighs only 1.5 kg without the keyboard and 1.8 kg with it. It is also Intel Evo-certified. The MIL-STD-810H US military standard for reliability and durability has been met by the Zenbook 17 Fold OLED.
The foldable OLED touchscreen, which has a 0.2 ms response time and a refresh rate of 60 Hz, is accompanied by a powerful, quad-speaker Harman Kardon-certified Dolby Atmos sound system for immersive entertainment. This display is Dolby Vision certified, has a DCI-P3 gamut of 100%, is PANTONE Validated for accurate colours, and is TÜV Rheinland-certified to reduce harmful blue light.
Performance-wise, this laptop has the latest 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1250U processor, Intel Iris Xe graphics, 16 GB of RAM, and a fast 1 TB PCIe SSD. It also has two handy USB-C Thunderbolt 4 ports that let the large 75 Wh battery charge quickly and connect to external displays.
Zenbook 17 Fold OLED UX9702 specifications
- 17.3-inch (2560 x 1920 pixels) FOLED 4:3 aspect ratio, 0.2ms response time, 500nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 1,000,000:1, VESA CERTIFIED Display HDR True Black 500, 1.07 billion colors, PANTONE Validated, Glossy display, 70% less harmful blue light, Touch screen, Screen-to-body ratio: 87 ％
- Intel Core i7-1250U Processor 1.1 GHz (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 2P+8E cores), Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 16GB LPDDR5 on board, 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 Performance SSD
- Windows 11 Home / Pro
- Soft Keyboard, 1.4mm Key-travel
- 5MP camera with IR function to support Windows Hello
- US MIL-STD 810H military-grade standard
- Dimensions: Unfolded: 378.5 x 287.6 x 8.7~11.7 mm / Folded: 287.6 x 189.3 x 17.4~31.9 mm; Weight Without keyboard: 1.6~1.7 kg / With keyboard: 1.99 kg
- Wi-Fi 6E(802.11ax) +Bluetooth 5.2 (Dual band) 2×2, 2x Thunderbolt 4 supports display / power delivery, 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack
- 75WHrs, 4S1P, 4-cell Li-ion, TYPE-C, 65W AC Adapter
Pricing and Availability
ASUS Zenbook 17 Fold OLED (UX9702) is priced at US$3,499 (Rs. 2,78,311 approx.) and will roll out globally during Q4 of 2022.